Thursday, April 24, 2008

safe

What does it mean to be safe?
In the case of American Idol, apparently it means the media opens a whole can of whoop ass on you.
Since the wonderful results of last night, I was been floating. I was so happy. I really didn't care who left last night, as long as it was a girl. But I do think that Brooke should have left before Carly.
What I am referring to about this media is... Now that Carly is gone, they are all saying (and the judges have referred to this too) that the show has become a popularity contest, instead of a singing contest. To that, I say, "Why are they popular in the first place? Oh I don't know? Maybe because they can sing?" DUH! Sure, Jason was saved by his fans (including ME!). Again - DUH! What is this show for if not to develop a fan base for the contestants? I am at a totally loss at the whole "popularity" issue. Does the best singer always win on Idol? Really? It is who is the most popular, who can also sing well. They need to deal with the reality of this reality show!!

No comments: