Thursday, April 10, 2008

random bits

  • Somebody screen capped it --------------------->
    I was trying to stop with eyes...
    Trying, but not too hard apparently. I should be locked up for this. He is legal by a lot, but it still seems so wrong.

  • Somewhere Over the Rainbow is now #8 on itunes.

  • The John Mayer (you didn't think I forgot about him, did you?) ticket mess is still a mess. I decided that if I could get a really good seat when they went on sale today, I would buy one and go by myself. If I couldn't find any good seats, I would just buy 2 lawn seats and hope that Chris would go. Well, I am still waiting for good seats. I am gonna keep trying for a couple more days and see if they release any more in the pre-sale. After that, I will just give up and buy the lawn seats. That will be ok too. I really don't know if any show will measure up to the 2nd row experience I had last summer.

  • My mom had a colonoscopy today. Hooray for her. She had been needing to have one for many years, but kept putting it off. After I had mine, she said that she was inspired to get one. The plan was that since she took me, I would take her. But she couldn't schedule it on my day off and I couldn't take the day off. My dad took her instead. She did better with the drinking of the stuff then I did. She didn't get nauseous really, so that made a difference. They found a couple polyps, but are optimistic, like they were with me. A few days and she will know for sure. But she is not worried.

  • I purchased a Ped Egg. It's a thingy to remove dead skin from your feet. TMI alert!!! I have really dry, nasty heals and sometimes I try to work on them. Most of the time, I just give up. Nothing really works. But I do need to give them a shave once in awhile and I found the Ped Egg at Walgreens. I had seen other, more expensive things like this, but didn't want to spend the money. I'll let you know how it works.

  • I wanted to mention one last thing. I am aware that I get really obsessive about things. Like the hotness and American Idol, among many others. It's how I deal. I need distractions in my life. I know that it is avoidance, but if I didn't distract myself, my mind consumes itself with stress about everything wrong in my life. About health mostly, right now. So as obsessive as I get, I really think these things are ok distractions. I would much rather spend my time on this stuff, then stress myself out. Maybe one day I can deal and not get stressed out, but until then I throw myself at my obsessions and like them.

  • I am calling shrinks tomorrow.
  • 3 comments:

    comebacknikki said...

    Jason Castro is WAY hot! :)

    Laura Anne said...

    comebacknikki - I am so glad you said that. I feel much better knowing that I am not the only creepy 30 year old who thinks so.

    Anonymous said...

    Oh I think he's pretty cute, too and I'm old enough to be his mom...lol!

    You'll have to tell us about the PedEgg. I've heard about them, but I dunno...

    And I'm all for anything to keep the stress away. I hear ya!