Wednesday, April 16, 2008

best of idol - top 7

David Cook


Jason Castro

I was very fearful of last night. I really do not like Mariah Carey at all. I have disliked her for a long time. I do not deny her ability and I think most of my dislike comes from jealousy. But still. So Mariah week. I knew it would be rough and it was. David A just needs to go away. Leather pants? Really? He sounded fine, but sooo boring. David Cook did not impress me the first time I heard him, but I gave it another try and I was impressed. I did not like the very last note, but the rest was creative. I did love when he cried. His brother was there in the front row and he got all choked up. He seems like a cool dude too.

Castro did not disappoint. I am always worried about his song choice, but he some how manages to find a way to make them unique. He really does have his own style. My fellow dreadheads (check out the idol forums!) are calling for a Cook/Castro top 2. I agree. I have a feeling it will be the battle of the David's, but I hope otherwise. Jason can lose. That is really ok with me. I just want him to get as far as he can. Winning American Idol is no guarantee of a long career (*cough-Fantasia, Taylor, Ruben-cough*), so losing is not really a bad thing (ie. Clay, Daughtry).

I voted last night until my phone and bluetooth died. Funny.

My bottom 3: All girls... Syesha Mercado, Kristy Lee Cook and Carly Smithson - with Syesha going home. I am going on a limb here with Syesha leaving. I think she has lost momentum. And Kristy has the Vote for the Worst thing going for her. I predict the girls going home in the next 4 weeks.

04/17/08 - 1:24pm PST
edited to add: So, I suck at picking who goes home. I admit I have been wrong all along. But really, it doesn't matter. I have been getting 2 out of 3 on my bottom 3. I am just glad that KLC finally left. It's getting so close now. It's very stressful. I basically watched the show unfold on the forum last night during the East Coast airing. It was stressful reading what was happening, but I was glad I did that. Had I not known the outcome, actually watching the show might have given me the heart attack I fear. I hate that stupid "pick a side" crap. You knew that David A. was safe and he was so stupid for not realizing that Ryan was trying to tell him which side to choose. Cute that the boys sat down together. It is so clearly divided that its not even funny any more. Andrew Lloyd Webber week next week. I saw something about them going to Vegas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought David C and Jason were awesome last night. I don't get the David Archuleta thing either. I know he's 17, but Jordin was 17 last year and she has a TON more poise and personality (and singing chops) than he does, so I don't get the adulation for him. I don't even think he's all that cute, but I'm not a teenaged girl, so maybe I'm missing something. Whatever the case, I'm still mad Michael is gone and I'd love it if David A were a surprise elimination in the next couple of weeks. I think Syesha or Carly is probably gone tonight, but who knows?