Thursday, April 10, 2008

idol strikes back

Seriously? I really didn't like Archuleta before. Then he goes and butchers the lyrics to one of the best songs ever written, Seasons of Love. To regular folks, his solo last night might have sounded great. Whatever. He sang the wrong words! This kid might have a voice, but there is more to talent than that. He is consistently bad when it comes to songs he doesn't know. He had like 2 lines to sing and couldn't get them right. I know he is 17 and all. Blame it on him being young. Whatever. I think it annoys me so much because he is probably going to win. He shouldn't. He would not have a career. He has no charisma. He is not a public figure. He clearly breaks under pressure.

I am sorry to go off on this. I am just a huge RentHead and I was thrilled beyond when they started singing this last night. Rent is a classic and getting the words wrong is blasphemy to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't particularly care for him either. I don't get what the fuss is about him. I don't think he's all that great. My friend's 13 yo daughter thinks he's all that, though.

I don't necessarily have a problem with forgetting lyrics (although if you only have two lines to sing you should probably be able to sing them correctly for goodness sakes) because I've blanked a few times myself. It's all about how you cover - that's professionalism. That being said, I wasn't paying that close of attention apparently because I didn't notice it, so I'll have to go back and watch it again.

However, I did notice that they changed the lyrics to Shout to the Lord. They recorded it with the right lyrics and they sang the right lyrics on Thursday night, but on Wednesday, they changed "my Jesus" to "my shepherd". I don't necessarily have a problem with that since it's not a "Christian" show and that is a very Christian song, but I just thought it was interesting. It was really cool that they sang it at all though!