Monday, March 31, 2008

medical update

So I would say that overall I am feeling better than I felt the whole month of February. I am still having random symptoms and pains. Last week I went back to my primary care doctor and told him and I know he thinks my symptoms are anxiety related, but I am not sure. I know that people with anxiety disorder frequently believe there are things medically wrong. I get this. But I still have things that feel medically wrong and they aren't going away. He said that he would gladly order more tests to rule more medical things out. So, I am scheduled for a EMG/NCV test, a spine x-ray and... a brain mri! The first test on Thursday and the other two on Friday. This is all because I still have pain in my shoulder, neck, left arm, left hand. Could be nerve issue. Could be MS. Yes, he mentioned ruling out multiple sclerosis. Seriously. I got what I wanted. I wanted to make 100% sure that nothing is really wrong with me. He ordered the tests. But all this is really freaking me out. I am still trying to trust my gut. My gut tells me that I am not alright. I trust the doctor, but just blaming it all on anxiety doesn't seem to work for me. Give me all the tests under the sun that show that nothing is wrong and then I will believe you. Until then, its more tests for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, your doctor may have ruled this out already, but...

I had similar symptoms for most of a year and it turned out many of the pains came from a vitamin D deficiency. Have you had bloodwork that covered everything like that? I don't have a specific link for you to read more, but I think Dr. Oz from Oprah recently wrote about this. Maybe Google will help. I have been taking a Vitamin D supplement and it has made an AMAZING difference. Just something to make sure of as you are searching for answers.

Trish (de-lurking over from B*'s blog)