Friday, March 14, 2008

retail therapy

I was supposed to go the doctor today, but they called at 8am and said the doctor had a personal emergency and had to reschedule his appointments. So now its Monday and I am not sure I can make that one. Depends if I can get the time off.
Not going to the doctor put a wrench in my plans. I was using the appointment as a catalyst to get my shit together and be out the door. After the appointment I was gonna go to a couple places and get some things done (car wash, oil change, etc). No appointment means no rush to get out the door. Slacking ensues. I finally got out of the house a little after 1pm. I still managed to get a little shopping done, but nothing else.
So what I did do today was a little retail therapy.
I ordered a couple soaps from LUSH - this, this and this. Those are awesome, but I was bummed to find out that they no longer sell my favorite scented soap, Gratuitous Violets.
While I was out, I stopped at Bath & Body Works and picked up more soap. But this time it was the antibacterial hand soap. They have them for $3 right now! I got this, this, this and this.
Next stop was the philosophy store. I love that I live near the only store they have! I was a really good girl and only bought this. It smells amazing and limey!! I love the new gelees. I also went to joann's and bought a bunch of gel pens. I use them at work. I color with them. I don't really like crayons. I prefer the gel pens and I go thru them a lot. I was running low and needed to restock.
Fun day. I spent money, but I was really good at controlling myself. I am working hard on my shopping addiction. A day like today would have been 100 times worse, a few months ago. But you need to splurge just a little every once in a while.

No comments: