Monday, March 24, 2008

how was your easter?

We didn't do a whole lot. My parents came over for dinner. We didn't want to go the traditional ham route, so Chris decided he wanted to my a bbq beef brisket. He has never cooked a brisket before, but he went all out. He smoked it. He used the propane grill and it took 10 hours. It was so tasty! He is such a good cook and we are so lucky he cooks for us. We just hung out, while Chris cooks. On Saturday night, I made a peach pie 90% from scratch. I just didn't make the crust. I used fresh peaches, not canned and it was really simple to make. It turned out very good and not too sweet; just the way you want it.
Yesterday was the 1 month anniversary of my uncle's death and my mom is still struggling with it. She was happy we got together yesterday, because it was a nice distraction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a great afternoon we spent together. Thank you both very much.
LOVE MOM