Wednesday, March 26, 2008

best of idol - top 10

David Cook


Syesha Mercado

I only picked Syesha, because I like to pick two favorites each week. I really like David Cook, but he keeps covering other musican's covers. This week, his version of Billie Jean is very similar to the cover Chris Cornell has done recently. This is the 3rd time he has done it this season. It's not a bad thing, but they give him props for being original. He is really good, but not original.
What is up with my boy Jason? I agree with the judges that he is being too safe. He needs to "blow them out of their socks" sometime very soon to stick around. He turned to big 2-1 yesterday! He gets cuter every week and I don't want him to leave.
And damn that Kristy Lee. She did save herself this week. She is not good, but who is gonna kick off the girl who sings the patriotic song?

My bottom 3: Chikezie, Ramiele Malubay and Carly Smithson (even though she sung my sister's favorite song!!) - with Ramiele going home.

9:37pm - edited to add: I will admit that when I first typed this post, I put Jason Castro in my bottom 3. But I felt bad that I wasn't being a good fan and changed it to Carly. If I had left it that way, I would have been 2 out of 3 again. I haven't been right about who is going home since I have been doing this. Chikezie needed to leave, so its no big deal. Jason was so cute when he said that he knew he would be in the bottom and thought about it all day.
This afternoon, I downloaded all of Jason's performances from itunes (yes, that whole thing about itunes on tonite's show was horrible!) and I have to say, his earlier stuff from top 24 was much better. He is really slacking the last couple weeks. He needs to get back on track. Hopefully a week in the bottom 3 will make him see that.
I fast forwarded thru Kimberly Locke. Was she any good? Doubt it.

No comments: