Friday, November 24, 2006

what's up with me?

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. We sure did. There was so much food that once we all ate, we hadn't made a dent in the food. Thanks to my mother and Chris for cooking all the yummy stuff. I am still here at my parents house. I spent the night here, because my mom and I have plans today. I figured I might as well stay here so that we can get an early start. No, we are not going shopping. We are not crazy! So, I'm here. Right now, my mom is taking my dad to the airport. He is going to see his mother and sister in Missouri for a few days. Neat.
What else is neat? I am going out to dinner tonight with a couple of friends. I wanted to write "friends from high school" but that would be wrong. I have known Carrie since kindergarten (shit - 24 years!) and Kearsten since 7th grade. But we did also go to high school together, so it would apply. Whatever. I am going out with them. I saw Carrie about a month or so ago, but I haven't seen Kearsten in a couple of years. I am a terrible friend. That is one thing that I have come to discover. Being an adult "friend" is much more difficult than being friends when you are young. When you are young, you want to go out and hang out and have fun. You call your friends and they want to do the same. Simple. But I don't want to go out that much anymore. Maybe its just me? I know there are adults who still go out and party, but that's just not my scene. Maybe that is why I have a hard time keeping my friends? Whatever. At least I am working on it now.
So, the other thing going on is the John Mayer/Jessica Simpson issue. My achilles heel, if you will. The issue that makes me angrier than even major drama at work. So, there have been denials (sort of) to Ryan Seacrest on the AMA preshow:

RS: Are you dating Jessica Simpson?
JM: Uh, No (really fast)
RS: Have you ever dated Jessica Simpson?
JM: I don't know man, I'm having a good time. I'm being good to the people who are good to me, which is difficult in this town. I enjoy talking to different people. I am not trying to mess with anyone's mind. I didn't wake up one morning and say, I'm tired of being me let me go be somebody else. I still feel more me than ever. I love playing music, I'm having a lot of fun in my life.


He looked really unhappy and did not want to be doing the interview at all. Even Chris said, while we were watching it, that he looked standoff-ish. When I say, "even Chris said" I mean that he does not pay attention to JM or his body language. I know he's seen him enough, but the point is that his attitude was REALLY obvious. There was also an interview that aired on EXTRA where they hinted to him about dating her and all he said was that he was happy. And there are also rumors of Jessica dating Tony Romo, the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. There are rumors John went to Texas for Thanksgiving. I don't know what to do with all this anymore. We all know he was in New York yesterday - there is no way to deny that since the video below proves it. So, we know he was not in Texas. Can't a boy go to the airport and run into people without dating them? WHATEVER. My take on it all. They are dating. And by dating, I mean in the regular usage of the word. Meaning going out and eating or doing things together. But I don't buy that they are DATING, like the media will have you believe. What I mean is, that they are exclusive and in love. I don't buy that for a second. I think he will realize that dating her is not the right thing for his career. He does not like the attention. He wants to make headlines for his music, not who he sleeps with. Well, at least that is what I thought. I am beginning to doubt this now. The fact that he denied (in a way) that he was dating her if he really is, makes him an ass. Imagine if you were dating him (ok - pause - dream - wake up) and he denied it on national television. Would you want to date him anymore? Not I. I would be pissed and think he was an ass. I don't want to believe that he is an ass. I want to believe that he got caught up and is trying to work it out. I still have hope, I guess. I also need to realize that even if he dates her (in either meaning of the word), its not the end of the world. But I'm telling you - if there is ever a duet or a collaboration of any kind - I am done.
So, here's the proof he was in NY. John's 3rd consecutive Thanksgiving performance on Letterman:

Are we supposed to assume anything by the song choice? I'm Gonna Find Another You. AUGH! I don't know.
Enjoy.
Happy black Friday!

No comments: