Wednesday, November 15, 2006

don't forget

Oprah today! John Mayer is on Oprah today, in case you don't scroll down my blog and/or don't read it, but if you don't read it then you are not reading this. That could go on forever. Anyhoo. It was taped live this morning. He blogged his visit.

OPRAH LIVE

Greetings from the green room at the Oprah show... I'll be on the show this morning LIVE and will be blogging the whole time. Looks like I won't be allowed to take photos back here, which is understandable since every year pastry companies invest millions of dollars into their breakfast planograms. Looks like I'll have to fall back on my grand command of the English language. Let me describe my surroundings: the room is not green, but can be described as a study in sandalwoods. I see no staining of any kind. The time is 8:29am CST, and the show will go live in 30 minutes. Time to rehearse the shot of me blogging and saying hello to Oprah from the sandalwood room.

TO BE CONTINUED...

POSTED BY JOHN MAYER AT 06:22 AM FROM CHICAGO, IL


About to go live via the camera in the sandalwood room to talk with Oprah for a quick second. (I really want to call her Ms. Winfrey.)
Hold on - getting the cue that the camera's about to come into the room... I have a two sentence conversation with Oprah and I'm more nervous than before playing a show...

Okay... relieved. Now on to playing....

POSTED BY JOHN MAYER AT 07:15 AM FROM CHICAGO, IL


SUCCESS

I did not trip, belch, swear or forget the words to my song, at least not all at the same time.
That was fun. Oprah's got the good ju-ju. She's easy to talk to. I don't know what that's like, being easy to talk to.
I bet if I were easy to talk to people would never shut up. I think I'll stick to being akward
[his mis-spelling, not mine!] and off-putting.
To the airport...

POSTED BY JOHN MAYER AT 07:53 AM FROM CHICAGO, IL


Super cute. Apparently, they perform Waiting and he gets couch time. Couch time is major for musicians. Most shows just want them on to perform. But he has such a great personality that I wish more shows let him talk too. Anyhoo. Oprah is on twice a day (the same episode aired twice) in the PHX. So, if you miss it at 3pm, catch it at 9pm (hint, mother!). Can't wait. Thank goodness for DVR so that I don't have to wait!

No comments: