Tuesday, November 28, 2006

physically, it's finally over

I finally got a call from the doctor about the ultrasound I had over a week ago. I was not surprised to have not heard back from them last week since it was Thanksgiving. Anyway, they called yesterday and left me a message. Good news. All clear. I just realized that I had never really mentioned what this was all about. It does relate to my miscarriage. I don't know why I never mentioned it before. Maybe I was too afraid of what it meant. When they did the ultrasound at the doctors the day after my miscarriage, they found a cyst on my right ovary. The doctor was not concerned and told me that happens when you are pregnant. Cysts form because of the hormones. But they did want me to have a follow up ultrasound just to be sure that once my hormones balanced out, the cyst was gone. So on the 17th, I went for that ultrasound. It was very painful, even still and very emotional. I was afraid for what the cyst might mean. The doctor was so positive about it, but I couldn't help thinking it was something worse. Maybe the cause of my miscarriage. I tried not to freak out. I think I did a good job of that. But since I got the all clear, I am very happy. It really does mean that all my physical issues from the miscarriage are over. Maybe I can move on now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear of the all clear...
:) Kaycee