Friday, August 18, 2006

I HATE CARS
or why I got up so early on my day off

My freakin car.
On Wednesday, while I was driving home on what I will have to say is the worst day I have had in a very long time, my car started acting up. When I would accelerate from a couple stop it would juke (or as the car guy said, 'buck') and slowly go. This would happen when I have the air conditioner on and not when it was off. I was hoping it was a one time thing. But it happened again yesterday afternoon and this morning too. So, we decided to take it in the shop. So this morning I got up earlier and we drove in our respective vehicles, to the shop. We left my car, Chris brought me home, then went to work. So I am stranded at home and my stupid car is in the shop. My dad told me what he thinks is wrong, but who even knows. It's now just a waiting game. My car is 13 years old and doesn't have much life left, but it still runs (most of the time) well for a car that old. We really can't afford another car payment so I am praying that it won't cost more than the thing is worth, to fix it.

2 comments:

comebacknikki said...

Ugh. That bites. What is going on w/cars lately? It seems like everyone is having issues. After I had my horrid battery incident last month, I thought I was done dealing with the crap, but now, my check engine light is on. Of course, it could just be a fluke, but with my luck, I'm sure it's something major.

BrightStar (B*) said...

I'm glad you told me on the phone that it got fixed and wasn't too too expensive.