Monday, August 28, 2006

get well soon

Laryngitis forces John Mayer to cancel

That was Saturday night. Right now I am listening to the Friday night show. You can tell his voice is on its way out. He was trying, but not really reaching the high notes and sometimes almost talking the lyrics. He only took Saturday night off. Last night he went on, but from what I hear, he was struggling. At least he's trying. He doesn't want to disappoint us. At least he will better by October 4th.

This is what he had to say on the message board:
08/26/06 8:37pm
To my fans who came to the Hartford show-

I can’t tell you how sorry I am that I wasn’t able to play for you tonight. Canceling a show is always the last resort, and I wouldn’t have done so if there was any way I could have performed even close to your expectations. When it comes to your voice, you can’t work around it... I wish it were something else than my throat, as playing live on stage can be a wonder drug for so many ailments...No getting around it here.

You should all know how much Sheryl stepped up tonight – She’s going to be playing a full set, and I know it’s going to be great. She’s wonderful.
I’ll make it up to you in the future...I’m already brainstorming.

I owe you one, CT.

John


How many artists do you know of that would reach out and say they are sorry for having to miss a show? None that I know of.
Get better soon, sweetie.

And in case you missed the Today show performance, you can see it here.

edited to add:
Cute picture from last night. Don't say it. I've already thought it. What is he looking for back there?

No comments: