Monday, August 21, 2006

I am spent

I know, on Friday I never updated what happened with my car. It seems like a waste now anyway. But I'm getting ahead of myself. The diagnosis was that the engine was misfiring and needed to be reset. Whatever that means. They also did a mini tune up and it cost $200. I was willing to pay that because it would mean that the car would last for a little longer. But I should have known something wasn't right when the guy at the shop told us "Don't put any more money into this car." He told us that there were other things that were close to death. A little closer than we even knew. While I was driving home from work yesterday, it died. Died. Stopped. All the lights came on the dash board. I was able to get it to roll into a Walgreens parking lot, thank god. Called Chris. Called AAA. Lemme just tell you - get AAA! It was a life saver. They were there within 25 minutes. They towed it home for us. They would have towed it to the shop, but since we are not sure what we are going to do, we brought it home while we decide. Chris called the shop this morning and they are pretty positive that its the timing belt. They told Chris how to determine if it is or not and Chris will check that later (he had to get to work so he couldn't do it this morning). But if that is it, we are looking at more money than the car is worth. We still haven't decided what we are going to do. But we are leaning towards getting a short term lease on a new car. That way we can get the lowest car payment, but get a dependable car for me. But who knows. The good thing (if there is anything good in this whole situation) is that was not going to work today or tomorrow. I had planned that long before the car died. That makes it easier on the car pool factor.
This is all just too much for me. This has been a terrible week.

No comments: