Friday, May 23, 2008

"you don't feel any different, do you?"

That is what my sister asked me today. As of today, I have been taking the anti-depressants for one week. The doctor told me that it would take at least 4 weeks to get the full effect. I was never expecting a miracle cure. I know that I have to work thru my issues and that popping a pill won't do the trick. I think that I am in an ok place in my life right now (way better than I have been in the last couple months) and so I am not all that depressed. I think that I need to stick it out with the pills for awhile and see what they can really do. I feel like my emotional state is a roller coaster. And no, its not only PMS associated. I know the difference. The doctor basically forced me to prove to him that my depression is not only PMS associated. That made me a little mad. I go thru peaks and valleys, but they are not that easily explained. Anyway. I am still waiting, but not giving up hope.

No comments: