Thursday, May 08, 2008

deep sigh

Well, yesterday was quite a day. It's tough to decide where to start. I guess with the most important...

You thought I was gonna start with American Idol, didn't you?
Well, you are wrong.

Yesterday, Chris and I flew to Ohio. Surprisingly, everything with the flight went fine. Checking in and security took like 30 minutes total. And the flight, as uncomfortable as a full flight is, went well. Right on time leaving and arriving. Getting rental car and getting to Cincinnati went alright too. Who knew that once we got here all hell would break loose. I guess I am being over dramatic about what happened, but it was really bad timing. We arrived at our hotel at around 8:50pm. I was so excited, because we were gonna be in our room in time to watch American Idol (see, its all connected!), but little did I know. When we got here, they had no record of our reservation. We had made the reservation on Orbitz.com. The biggest issue was that this is graduation weekend for lots of schools and all the hotels all over town are booked. So, if they didn't have room for us, we were screwed. It took forever, including us having to call Orbitz ourselves to try to resolve the issue, but I finally got a room key at about 9:40pm. Chris was still dealing with the front desk, but they had a room for us and so they let me go up. I practically ran thru the damn hotel. I made it in time to see the end of the show... more on that later. The hotel finally worked it out with Orbitz and everything is fine now. The hotel manager even called our room this morning to let us know that he was aware of what happened and wanted to make sure everything was ok now. That was impressive. The guys at the front desk last night did eventually step up and help us, but I really would have liked if they have stepped up a little sooner. We waited for way too long before they said, "We will get you a room and work this out." After we unpacked (and the show was over), we went for chili. It has been 6 years since we have had Cincinnati chili and since we were here, we couldn't wait any longer. Well, worth the wait! You know I had to photo the chili. hehe.

Ok, now the rest. I have dealt enough to be able to talk about the fact that Jason Castro was kicked of American Idol last night. I believe that there is NO WAY that Syesha got more votes than Jason. It is impossible. It is the Idol machine that chewed him up and spit him out. They wanted to do that last week, but couldn't. They jumped on it this week, especially after he forgot the words. Just a reminder that one of the remaining contestants has done that 3 times and is still there. But what do I know? Anyway. I am angry about the fact that the show is rigged. But I am at peace with him being gone. Sure, selfishly I wanted to see his beautiful face and hear his amazing voice for another 2 weeks. But he was done. He did many TV interviews this morning on all the Fox affiliates and he said that he was relieved to leave. He also said that he wanted to still be on the show, but now that he is off it is a relief. Understandable. He just looked so happy on the interviews this morning and I am so glad. He now has to chance to be himself and sing the songs he wants to sing. He is free from the Idol machine. This is all I wanted for him, anyway. If he's happy, then there is no reason I should be sad. There is still the finale and the tour (less than 2 months away!!). And after the tour, his career. He has made life long fans and I am one of them. So I say this: Thank you for everything, Jason. You have brought something special and unique to the lives of your fans. You have graced us with your gift and we will forever be grateful. You have also brought some amazing people in to my life. People I hope I can be friends with for a long time after Idol. Again, thank you thank you thank you.
For my final goodbye, I share with you the studio version of Mr. Tambourine Man (full length version, with all the words.) by Jason Castro. Trust me, it is worth a listen.
And now what happens? I don't care. As long as Archuleta does not win, I am good.

Todays events and maybe even some photos coming later...

1 comment:

BrightStar (B*) said...

That is a good version of that song.