Saturday, May 17, 2008

junk & tickets

So, the shrink went fine. It was the first ever visit, so I wasn't expecting much. We talked. Got some diagnosis based on said talking and got some drugs. I really wasn't going just to get drugs. The doctor even said that he is not a pill pusher, but he believes that anti-depressants will help. He believes that the pills will help with the depression and anxiety. He also said that what I was going thru in February was full on panic attacks. I figured as much, but hearing it from a doctor really helps. That has been the case with all the doctors I have been going to lately. The better I feel, the more I believe the doctors. It's not that I thought they were lying, I just still felt bad and no one could tell me why. It does really suck to realize that you can make yourself so sick like that. So, I got a prescription and made an appointment with the therapist. The shrink thinks I need to do both. I know that talking therapy (as the shrink called it) is really what I need, but the doctor believes I should do both in conjunction. He said that there is no way to find out if the pills will work until you try them. So, I am trying it all. I feel good about it. I am in a good place right now, but I go thru cycles. I need to work on things in my past while I am dealing on my own with the things in my present. And I have the therapist there for when I can't deal with the present. That might not make sense, but it's all I got right now...

Today was ticket day. The tickets to the American Idol tour went on sale this morning. There was a presale a few days ago, but they did not release very good seats for the presale. So I decided to wait to see what I could get when the tickets went on sale to the public. I got 15th row on the floor. That was really the best I could find. I went for it. I decided to go by myself. I had originally planned to drag my mom to the show with me, but I then decided that I really wanted to try to get seats as close as I could. I knew that my mom would not be thrilled to be on the floor among all the crazies. So, I decided to just go by myself. Plus, I might be meeting some forum people at the show just to say hey. I didn't want to put my mom thru all that mess either. I am ok with going by myself. I am always so caught up in the show and I tend to ignore the person I am with anyway. Speaking of that... Today, I also bought our lawn seats to the John Mayer concert. hehe. As my sister said, I dropped a boat load at ticketmaster today. But it is soooooo worth it.

2 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

I think it's good that you're feeling better enough to try what these doctors have to say. I'm glad that you're working so hard at taking care of yourself.

I think it's cool that you got those tickets, to both shows! It's fun to have things to look forward to doing. As for me, I'm looking at planning a beach trip for June 3 - 6, because my boyfriend will be in town.

Anonymous said...

I might have gone with you...lol! We went last year and we were up in the nosebleeds with LG (because she LOVED Jordin and Blake last year) and I was not happy. The sound was horrible. We left halfway through. I didn't feel all that well anyway because it was right after I had a procedure done on my heart. But the sound was so bad I couldn't even understand a word they said. It was very disappointing. So if we ever go again, we will sit on the floor for sure since my friends who sat on the floor said the sound was fine down there.