Wednesday, November 14, 2007

never felt dummer dumber

I am embarrassed to admit to my blonde moment this morning. Hey, I'm not blonde. And not all blondes are dumb... sister.

Anyway, what I did this morning was so dumb.
I am still getting used to my new car. Every car has its quirks and you just have to get used to them. Like I have to push the automatic lock button twice to get the doors to lock. One thing I was struggling with was the ignition. The ignition is not on the steering column. It is on the dash, below the odometer. When you put the key in and turn it clockwise, like you do even when its on the steering column, it just seems wrong. I am trying to get used to it. So, this morning I parked in the parking lot at work and turned the key. The key would not come out of the ignition. Would not come out. I tried and tried and tried a million times. It was stuck. You know how you can turn the key to get different levels of power. One click and you can get the radio, two and maybe the windows, etc. Well, it was such in that lowest level of power. So the radio was on. And for some reason I could not turn it the other way to start the car. Stop if you already know what my problem was. I did eventually figure it out... But it was stuck. I was freaking. I called home and Chris was probably in the shower. I called my mom, because she has a Honda and we were just talking about my ignition issues yesterday. She tried to walk me thru it by going out to her car, but she has an Accord and its way different. She got me the number to the service department at the dealership and I was seconds away from making myself look like a total idiot when I realized... I had not put the car in park. It was still in drive. Yup, told it I was dumb. What the hell? I hate when I do that. But in my old car, you could actually take the key out even if you hadn't put it in park. Actually, in my old car you could take the key while you were still driving it. Yes, seriously. I really only needed the key to start it and turn it off. That car was a piece of crap.
Ok, lost focus. Anyway, I figured it out and felt like a total idiot. Still do. When I got home today, I sat in the driveway and practiced starting it and taking the key out. I am such a weirdo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally did that when I first had my Escape...lol! So, you're not alone. ;)