Wednesday, November 14, 2007

congrats Bo-Mel


Melvin wins NL Manager of Year
Diamondbacks manager Bob Melvin continued collecting honors for his team's surprising season, picking up the National League's Manager of the Year award, as voted by the Baseball Writers Association, after the Diamondbacks' 90-win season.

Melvin was chosen on 19 of the 30 first-place ballots and got 119 points. Philadelphia's Charlie Manuel (76), Colorado's Clint Hurdle (58) and the Cubs' Lou Piniella (25) were the runners-up.

This is Melvin’s first Manager of the Year award as he becomes the first Diamondbacks manager to earn the honor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, even though that team is dead to me, I had to smile for Bob :)

Laura Anne said...

karin - Dead to you? Explain!!

Anonymous said...

The combination of changing their colors to the ugliness that is their uniforms now and getting rid of Gonzo made them dead to me. I'm sure that at some point I'll get over it. But for now, dead to me...lol!