Monday, November 26, 2007

the case of the missing cell phone

Today at work, Chris emailed me and told me he left his phone at home. No big deal, really. Just wanted to let me know. Besides, he doesn't get reception in his new office, so I couldn't call him anyway.
When I got home, I looked for his phone in its usual spot. Not there. Looked on his desk. Not there. Looked on his dresser. Not there. I called him at his work phone and told him if he left it at home, I don't know where it is.
Logic would tell you to call his phone with my phone and find it that way. Yes. That would make sense. However, Chris does not like any of the available ring tones on his phone and refuses to download any new ones. Because of this, he keeps his phone on vibrate. I did still try to call his phone, anyway, but I haven't been able to hear it anywhere. It goes straight to voicemail. It's either off or out of juice, which means it wouldn't vibrate anyway! I have looked everywhere.
These things don't just disappear. I know it is not the end of the world. He needs a new phone anyway, because of the reception issue at his new job. But if we can't find the old phone, his SIM card is lost and with it, all of his numbers. Yikes.
We will look more when he gets home.
I will keep you posted on the case of the missing cell phone...


6:33PM
edited to add:
Ok, that was anti-climactic. Chris comes home and checks his shorts pockets and finds the phone! Shorts? He only wore those for about 5 minutes yesterday. It has been in the 60's in our house for the last few days and that means we have been wearing pants. I didn't even see him wearing those shorts yesterday and so I never thought to look in those pockets. I'm bummed. Not that he found the phone. That is a relief, because losing the SIM card would've sucked bad. But I wanted it to be much more of a dramatic story. Oh well.
Case closed.

1 comment:

Karin said...

If you have Verizon, you can upload all your contacts to your Verizon account online and then you can always download them to a new phone. Soooo cool. But I don't know if any other providers have it besides Verizon.