Thursday, November 08, 2007

just shoot me now

I don't know how to start this post. But I need to share the chaos that is my life right now.

Two words: MY CAR

Last week, we took it in to the shop because it was randomly shutting off while in idle and I got really scared when it happened in the intersection on my way to work. The car was also shaking really bad and I was so afraid of driving it. The next day and lots of money later, I brought it home. They said that it was driving great. But it was not. It was actually driving worse than it had been. It felt like it was slipping while when it was not accelerating, after you got up to speed. And the check engine light would randomly come on when it would slip, then go off. That started happening the day we brought it back from the shop. It was just too much to deal with, so I drove it that way. That was until Tuesday morning when it would not start. That was after it shut off in the drive thru on Monday. I was able to get it started again on Monday, but Tuesday morning was different. It started, but then shut off right away. I tried to start it again and it would not start at all. It was rev up like it wanted to start, but just would not turn over. So, Chris rushed to take me to work. I then called Enterprise rent a car and had them pick me up from work to get a rental. I then called AAA and had them come and tow the car to the repair shop. By the time AAA dropped the car off at the repair shop, they were closed. The shop told me, if they were closed, just have the tow truck driver leave the key in the ignition. I thought nothing of it, because it wouldn't start. What could really happen to it?
HAHAHA
How dumb I was. This story gets better and better by the minute. Or worse and worse, if you are actually living it.
The repair shop called yesterday morning and told us that the car had been broken into. Well, not technically, because it was unlocked with the key in it. More like it had been gone thru and THE BATTERY WAS STOLEN! What the holy hell? Who does this? I was concerned that the registration was stolen, but not really. I am not really concerned about people getting my address. If they do, they do. There are lots of ways to get my address. But I just didn't want to have to deal with getting a new registration. I was also afraid that my full size spare tire was stolen. We got a full size spare the last time I had tire issues. That way the next time I had tire issues, AAA would be able to put on the full size spare and I could drive it for longer before getting the bad tire fixed. It was more a piece of mind thing then anything else. The worst thing about having your car gone thru is that it feels like a violation. After I heard this, I didn't ever want to see that car again.
So you would think that would be the worst of it, but you would be wrong. When they finally got around to checking it out to see what was wrong with it, they put a new battery in it and it started right up. They then drove it around (they said they drove it 4 miles) and said it ran perfectly. what? WHAT? WHAT? They had to be lying. I know I am not crazy. And I know it was not just how I was driving it, because it happened when Chris drove it too. When they said it was fine, it just did not add up. I got so upset. I could not understand how this was happening. I know you are supposed to be happy when the shop says your car is fine, but I knew it wasn't. I felt like they were just patting me on the head and scooting me out the door. I knew it was not ok. I knew it. What we decided to do was, since I still have the rental, I would drive over the shop and drive the car myself to see how it was. If it was really ok, I would go to Enterprise and have them take me back to the shop. All would be well. Or so we hoped.
After waking up this morning feeling like shit, (I have a headache and I feel like I am getting a major head cold.) I finally got myself together and drove to the shop. I drove my poor car and it was jacked up while still in the parking lot. I knew I was not crazy!!! I drove it around the block and barely made it back to the shop. It was started, but it was still slipping and it felt like it was getting worse by the minute. I told them it was clearly not fixed. I left and came home in the rental. I called Enterprise and they told me I could keep the rental as long as I needed it and could go day by day. I knew it was not fixed and I decided that this was the last straw for this shop. If they drove it again and said it was fine, I was gonna have the car towed from there to another shop and never give them our business again. Well, a little over an hour ago the shop called. For lack of a better term, it is fucked. I was relieved that it drove badly for them finally. But the news was not what we wanted. My car is 14 years old and not worth much. The cost to repair it is sooo much more then it is worth. Where we are right now is in a bad place. We really cannot afford another car payment, but I do not want to spend money to get another beater. The decision of what to do now has not been made. Chris is still at work and we really need to talk about this at home.
This is just too much for me to deal with. Too much. I have had THE WORST 12 months of my life and this is just another horrible thing. I am struggling to stay positive. In fact, I have lost all hope and wonder if it is really worth all this. I just want something to go right in my life. The only thing good to happen to me lately was my birthday and I was sick for most of that day too.
augh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww....*hugs*