Friday, November 23, 2007

chocolate covered pretzels

Every year since I have been back in AZ (and before I moved away from AZ too), my mother and I make chocolate covered pretzels for Christmas. We do it shortly after Thanksgiving so that they are ready to be mailed as gifts to far away family members. So today, we made them. I went over to my parents house and we got busy. We have a system worked out. My mom puts the chocolate on the pretzels and lays them on wax paper on a cookie sheet. Then I put the decorations on while the are still warm. We do this until we run out of chocolate. What that meant for today was 126 full size rod pretzels and about 30 broken pieces of pretzel covered in chocolate and decoration. That's a lot! It takes hours, but we have fun. We stand there and talk. We bond, if that's even possible to bond any more than we already are. After we finished the pretzels, we ventured outside into Black Friday. But by this time it was after 4pm and it was not crowded at all. We only went to Joann's. All the Christmas stuff was 40%-50% off. I got two bags of stuff for $15. Nice. Today was, as my mother would say, "Enjoyable."

See more photos of the pretzels here.

No comments: