Tuesday, April 03, 2007

swifty mcswifter strikes again

I have mentioned in the past that I am accident prone. Today was no different. With my right hand still recovering from my fall while camping, I cut my left middle finger. With this knife. No joke. That is one hell of a knife. It is a professional grade knife that my parents bought Chris from a restaurant supply store, two Christmases ago. My mom told me tonight that I am never allowed to use that knife again. It is for professionals and I am clearly not one. See, I was trying to put dinner together. I will not go as far to say that I made dinner. What I did consisted of cutting up (hence the knife) a pork chop that was already grilled, microwaving some pad thai noodles and putting it together. See, not so much cooking. But the mere fact that I was putting it together is a shocker, because I never cook. I microwave once in awhile, but that's it. Now I know why I do not cook. Knives are bad.
So, I sliced thru my nail and a small part of my finger. It didn't hurt at first, because the knife is so sharp. I felt it, saw the blood and started screaming. Chris is used to me injuring myself, so he just takes care of it. Peroxide to clean it, Bandaids, neosporin, etc. It is still really throbbing and this all happened about 3.5 hours ago. I did take a shower and washing my hair was quite difficult. And typing this now, for that matter, is tough. I can't really apply pressure to the finger tip or it hurts. I am hunting and pecking my way thru. Anyway, I tried to take a picture, but it didn't come out that great. My camera does not like close ups like that. But you can kinda see the cut in my nail...

2 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

That looks painful! Be careful. Also? I like how you did the star a la Pink is the New Blog.

comebacknikki said...

Damn. Ouch!