Sunday, April 22, 2007

OMG - we're totalled blacked out!

The title is what Chris said I should post on my blog about today. I guess it's another had to be there moment. Anyway.
Happy Earth Day! We did our share today by going 5 hours without electricity. Sounds smart, but crazy. I guess this is the point where I explain we did not go without electricity by choice. At 10:30am, the power went out. At 3:40pm, the power came back on. I called the power company after it was off for about 30 minutes. They said some lines were down in our area and it would be a long time before they were back. Lovely. Thank goodness it was not hot today. Abd nothing got spoiled in the refrigerator or freezer. So it really was not a huge deal, except... Game 1 of the playoffs was at noon!!!!! I missed the entire game on television. We did have a battery operated radio, so I was able to listen to it, but its not the same. I was really mad, as you can imagine. Despite me missing the game, they won. Barely, but they did. Also good is that San Antonio lost and Golden State is trying to beat Dallas as we speak. All good for the Suns.

04/23/07 02:37pm MST
edited to add: GO GOLDEN STATE!! Dallas lost last night. I could not be happier!

No comments: