Thursday, April 26, 2007

bad start

Today got off to a shitty start. I had a whole day planned and now it's shot to hell. I woke up with a migraine. A bad one. This may be TMI, but whatever... Many times when I have a bad migraine, a get sick. Like vomit sick. And I knew that this morning would be that way. I didn't bother taking anything for the headache. I just waited about 20 minutes until I did get sick. As much as I hate throwing up, I always start to feel better after I do it. I could have spent the whole day fighting off the urge, or I could do what I did today and just let it happen. After I got sick, I finally took something for the migraine and managed to slowly eat some breakfast. Besides the obvious reasons why that would make today suck, I had a dentist appointment this morning. Our dentist is in another city, so going is a little involved. See, I don't drive my car very far from home. The furthest I usually drive is about 10 miles from home. My car is not the most reliable and I never take it on the freeway. The dentist is by our old apartment about 30 minutes from my house and I have to take the freeway to get there. So, on days when I go to that part of the world, Chris takes my car to work and I get the truck. Chris does not like driving my car, because its little. I get that. Anyway, Chris took my car to work this morning and I have the truck. I only get the truck on days when I need to go long distances. I am repeating myself. Sorry. So after I got sick, I knew there was no way I could make it to the dentist. I called and canceled. I cannot drive with a migraine. And there was no way I could have showered and been ready to go on time anyway. They are very cool about it. The receptionist could tell I was sick just from my voice. So, that is shot. I was also going to go shopping on that side of town too. There is a store I need to go to that is only there, so that was the rest of what I was gonna do today. I am starting the feel better, but I am not sure if I will be up to going shopping. Maybe. We'll see.
And if having a headache and getting sick weren't enough... The freaking digital cable went out! I was laying down on the couch, watching last nights Top Model and the freaking box went out. I got really pissed and concerned. The last time that happened we had to get a new box and lost all our DVR recorded stuff. I called Chris at work and he told me that other wives had called their spouses in his office and said their cable was out too. I tried to call the cable company and their lines are busy. All this leads me to believe that it's not just my box. Thank goodness. But still. It sucks. At least the regular cable is not out. I have 2 other TV's hooked up to cable, but not digital. So that's how I know it's the digital that is out. What is with shit going out around here? Last weekend it was the power and now the cable! What the hell!! I am used to the warnings over the summer of power concerns due to the heat, but it's not all that hot yet. So what is their excuse this time? Augh. I am gonna go get in the shower and see how I feel. If the cable is out all day, I might as well try to go shopping.

No comments: