Wednesday, January 31, 2007

when the vending machine is your conscience

I tried to cheat on my pseudo diet this morning. I even borrowed money from Chris to do it. I wanted some cupcakes from the vending machine. They have been calling my name since yesterday. So, I went this morning to get them and the vending would not let me. On the little screen it said: MAKE ANOTHER SELECTION. Ok, fool - gimme that fruit pie then! Nope. Same message... MAKE ANOTHER SELECTION. By this time I was mad. Who is the vending machine to judge me!?! There were other people around so I could not curse it out the way I wanted to. So I cursed and yelled under my breath. I tried to get my money back and it would not give that to me either. What the hell? I ended up getting some chips. It let me have those. So I ate them. I cheated and I ate what I didn't even want! I guess I could have had more will power and just not eaten the chips, but at that point I needed the comfort food.
What the hell, right?

Disclaimer: I am not a total idiot and I do not believe that the vending machine was judging me and not allowing me to get the goodies on purpose. I know that it is something mechanically wrong with it, but still...

1 comment:

BrightStar (B*) said...

I'm cracking up about the cheating with stuff you didn't even want!