Sunday, January 21, 2007

it just snowed!

I am not even kidding. Snow. I heard thunder and saw some storm clouds roll in. So I grabbed my camara to get some cool sky shots and it was already wet outside. And it was really cold. I looked at the ground a little closer and saw that it was white stuff when it hit the ground. It melted right away on the concrete, but in the yard it would stay in little flakes for a few minutes. It was clearly not hail. I have seen both and know the difference. I took some pictures. They are blurry, but here they are:


And I did get a couple cool sky shots too:


Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

edited to add: the news is reporting it too!

3 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

excellent! at least yours melts, though.

Anonymous said...

You wouldn't think it was so awesome if you had to live through 5 months of it. :P

Laura Anne said...

Oh no - don't get me wrong... I did live in snow for 4 years. Been there, done that. I understand what real snow is and understand that this is nothing.
I am only making a big deal out of this because it hasn't snowed in Phoenix in 16 years.
See, it's the desert...