Thursday, January 11, 2007

what I did (and will be doing) today

Well, as you can see from the previous post, I went to my favorite store, Fashion Bug. Bought a couple new shirts and found a kick ass deal on these:
Anyone that knows me, knows that I live in Birkenstocks 99% of the time. Either Birks or barefoot. But I was needing a nicer pair of shoes to wear going out. To wear with jeans and nice top. I have some nice Birks, but I still wanted something else. Maybe with a little height. So, I found these clogs and they were on clearance. They were $8.00. And - to top it off - they fit! That's the problem I have and the reason I were Birks. I have one wide foot and one normal foot. I also really dislike shoes that rub on my ankles. I am picky about my footwear. But these clogs fit all the my requirements and everything I was looking for. They were a little slick on the bottom, though. I have tile thru most of my house and when I started walking in them, my feet slipped. So I went outside and scraped up the bottoms on the dirt and concrete. They are ready to go now. I think I will wear them for the rest of the day just to try them out. Plus, I have a cut on my toe (yes - another week, another injury. Dropped a metal candle holder on my toe. Blood and all that.) that rubs on my Birks. The clogs don't bother to cut at all. Sweet. And $8.00! Awesome, right?
So besides shopping, I went this morning to get my passport. I am such a damn slacker about certain things. Things that scare me. Why getting a passport scared me, I will never know. But since we are going to the Caribbean on our cruise, I needed to get a passport. I never had one before. I called my post office, because they schedule appointments to get a passport and they were all booked on appointments until a few days after I leave. Um, that won't work. I know that some post offices have it where you can just walk in and get one, so I called around and found a post office not too far that takes walk ins on a first come first serve basis. I went this morning, early - before the scheduled time they do passports (they only do them from 9:30 to 11:30 am) - and was second on the list. My mom recommended that I go early and I am so glad I listened to her. I got there at 9:15am and there was already someone ahead of me. By 9:30am, there were 6 people after me. By the time I was done - about 10:00am - there were over a dozen people after me. I highly doubt all those people were gonna get their passports today. So I got that all done and it was a huge relief. It will be a bigger relief when I have the passport in my hand, since I can't go on the cruise without it. I had to pay extra to expedite it, but that's my own fault for taking so long to do it. I should have it in about 2-3 weeks. That should be plenty of time, as long as it comes... I am so paranoid about this stuff.
And then this afternoon, I am going to the eye doctor to get new glasses. I am looking forward to finally getting new frames. I have had the same frames for 6 years. I would just get new lenses in the same frames, because my glasses had magnetic sunglasses that attached to them. But a couple years ago, I got prescription sunglasses, so now I can new frames that don't need the clip on sunglasses. I hope I find some that I like with my weird face.
Oh, and you may be asking yourself... Why is she off on a Thursday? Doesn't she work a half day on Thursdays? Well, I started working part time a couple weeks ago. It was the easiest solution to my difficulties at work. Be there less. I work three 9 hour days (Monday-Wednesday). At least for now. I can always change back. They have started allowing us flexibility with our schedules and it was perfect time for me to make a change.
Alright, I'll shut up now and go get ready for the eye doctor. I need to brush me teeth good since they will be all up in my face.

edited to add: I heard Vultures while in Fashion Bug. I have this theory about hearing John Mayer songs while I am out and about. My theory is that if I hear a song, I know I am supposed to be there at that moment. I know, its crazy. Don't ask me to explain it, because I can't. Whatever. I like hearing good music in stores. Lets just leave it at that.

1 comment:

BrightStar (B*) said...

I like this blog post. Cool shoes. Good that you went in for your passport. I did it expedited once, and it does come that fast. I mean, you pay extra for it, so they should send it on time!