Tuesday, January 23, 2007

random bits

-- my glass are in! I am going to pick them up on Friday. Hooray!

-- our friend, Troy is coming to town on Thursday (without the wife and baby - boo!). He is coming for work, but staying the weekend to hang out with us. Chris is so happy. I am happy for him. Troy is his bestest (boy) friend.

-- I am gonna start my mission of seeing all the Academy Award nominated films before the awards show. The nominations come out today, so I think I will go see one either Thursday or Friday of this week. Here's the list:

The Queen
The Departed
Babel
Little Miss Sunshine
Letters From Iwo Jima

edited to add: My mom just told me that the award show is gonna be on February 25th - while are on the cruise! They will be airing the show on the boat, but that is our "formal" night and we will be having a fancy dinner and cocktail hour before. This blows. I know that the Academy Awards are not that important in the grand scheme of life and that being on this cruise might be a once in a lifetime opportunity for me, but I am still pissed.

-- speaking of movies, Chris agreed to go see Smokin' Aces with me! This is worth mentioning, because Chris does not like to go to the movies. Clerks 2 was the last movie we saw in the theater together. (I will go by myself to see the Academy nominated films.) So, there was a commercial for it last night and I asked him if he wanted to go see it with me because it has a lot of guns and shooting. He likes violence on film. He said that it looks good and will go with me. I was so excited. Do you realize what nice boys are in this film? Jeremy Piven, Ryan Reynolds. yum. I could do without Jason Bateman, though.

1 comment:

BrightStar (B*) said...

THAT TOTALLY BITES ABOUT THE ACADEMY AWARDS HAPPENING WHILE WE'RE ON THE CRUISE! :( boo.