Thursday, January 18, 2007

the almost fight in front of my house

Today, I was sitting watching A Baby Story and I see this truck with about 16 or so kids in the bed,drive by and stop across the street. Then another car and another with more kids. (Kids meaning high school age.) Then more kids started walking down the street. I knew something was up. It was totally one of those things where the kids were like, "Meet me there after school." Dumb. They were gathering around at the curve of the road that is basically one house down from me. There were over 3 dozen kids there within about 5 minutes. I closed the front blinds but kept watching. I really didn't care what was happening, but I was concerned about my car. I park it in front of the house, basically on the street. I knew if something went down, something might happen to my poor little car. I called Chris to find out what he thought I should do. I decided that if I saw someone throw a punch, I would call the police. But I didn't get the chance to. Within about another 5 minutes, they were leaving - and leaving fast. After a minute or two, I went outside to get the mail and saw two police cars at the other end of the street. I guess someone else called them before I did. I'm just glad nothing happened. Stupid kids.

No comments: