Friday, September 09, 2005

thunder wake up call

This morning I was woken up at around 6:45am by this insanely loud clap of thunder. I just shot right up. It made car alarms go off all over the neighborhood. Then it started to pour for like 2 minutes. The rain continued for about 25 minutes or so. These storms are what they call microbursts and they happen here at this time of year. Now it will humid all day and probably won't rain again. Great. Just enough to get my car windows all messed up. But at least I don't have to water the yard and trees today. Free water. Sweet.
So my plans for today are not much. I am still in my pajamas. I was up late watching I don't even know what on TV last night. And I did not intend to even by awake right now. Normally I sleep til at least now or 10am on Fridays. But I after the thunder, I could not go back to sleep. I laid on the couch for awhile after eating my cereal, but I have been on the computer most of the morning. I wanted to listen to the shows that downloaded... I mean, somehow obtained...overnight. So I am rambling on my blog and checking out the news. I need to go to the post office, but no one is ever in a hurry to do that, right? I also need to go to Target to pick myself up some more plastic bins. I am trying to work on clearing out the kids room of boxes. I have found that most of that stuff just needs to go into storage and I do not want to just put boxes in the shed. It's not a well built shed and I think anything in a cardboard box would get damaged. So, I need to get some more bins and just organize the stuff and get it outside. That room is still full of stuff that we are going to donate and sell in a garage sale. It's just too hot to be having a garage sale right now. So that stuff can stay in that room, because I know it will be leaving soon enough. So that's my plan for today.
There is one hurricane benefit concert, Shelter from the Storm, tonight and then tomorrow is the one on MTV that I mentioned a few days ago, ReAct Now: Music & Relief Concert. So I will be watching those this weekend. I also have two movies to watch from Netflix. Oh yeah, we signed back up for it. I was tired of being out of the loop on movies. Plus we have this huge TV to watch them on.
And speaking of TV, our cable is working again. We had to get a new cable box. But we are pissed because we lost everything that we had recorded and saved. There were things on there that I hadn't even had a chance to watch. The tech guy that they sent us was a trainee. And not a trainee working with someone else to learn. But a trainee by himself. He didn't even know how to plug the cable box in. Chris had to show him. So, even if it was possible to save the hard drive on our DVR cable box, that dude wouldn't have known how to do it. He had to call tech support about 4 or 5 times while he was here. It's every frustrating. He apologized for not being able to save our box and the last thing he said when he walked out the door was, "Don't switch to satellite." I am not kidding. Was he reading our minds? We are thinking about it, but I am hesitant because I know that weather effects satellite and it gets so windy here. I would be more pissed to have the TV go out when its windy than I am now that I lost my shit on the cable box. We are between a rock and a hard place. But anyway, its back working. So I can finally see again what is on TV. I hated not having the guide or the info button. You get so dependent on that and don't even realize it. I was so dependent on it that they other night I called my mother and had her hit her info button on her TV to tell me when something was on. Yeah, I know.

I am still listening to the show from the 7th and he just said, "Come on move. Bitches, move." It made me laugh because I read that article I posted below and it said the first few rows were full of girls. He called them bitches. They were not getting into the song and he called them bitches. That's so funny. He is finally speaking his mind. I am really happy that the girls who are there just for him and not the music, are getting called out. Now mind you, he is amazing to look at, but I love the music just as much.
Yup. The blog all about my obsession with John Mayer is BACK!

No comments: