Thursday, September 22, 2005

Let me clarify

I had many comments from my sibling unit about my open letter post yesterday. I will clarify what I mean when I said that "I hit them" does not explain what happened. It might explain what happened if that was included along with the description like, "I made a left turn and I hit them." But when someone asks you what happened in a car accident and you tell them "I hit them." That does not explain what happened. Get it?
And "They pulled out and hit me" does not explain what happened either. People are so vague sometimes and it's really annoying. They don't realize that I can't read their minds. Because in their minds, it makes perfect sense. But a comment like "They pulled out and hit me" could mean a million and one things happened. Pulled out means what? They turned? They went straight? They changed lanes? See. It doesn't explain what happened at all.
So my point is, when you explain to your insurance company what happened, they really want to know.

No comments: