Tuesday, May 17, 2005

need some prayers

Chris found out today that his grandfather is in the hospital. He has had cancer for over two years now and they discovered this morning that it has moved into his brain. Apparently he has a DNR and Chris's aunt told Chris's father that it was only a matter of time until he passes away. With his DNR, they are not even giving any antibiotics or anything. Chris's parents are flying out to St. Louis tomorrow, but we are still not sure what we (or Chris) are going to do. My sister-in-laws are going to wait and I am too. But Chris hasn't decided if he is gonna go now or wait.
That sounds really bad, but it's now a reality and we have to deal with it. Chris is still trying to wrap his brain around it and he does not really want to make any decisions yet and I am trying to give him his space. He needs to deal with this in his own way and I know that. So, please just keep our grandpa in our prayers and I'll keep you posted.

No comments: