Monday, May 09, 2005

got books?

A funny thing happened last night. I was really tired, but I really just wanted to get in bed a read for a little while. Ever have nights like that? Well, all the books are still in boxes. I started to go through some knowing that I had a stack of books that I have not yet read and wanted to find one or the Augusten Burroughs book that I had put on hold for the move. Then I realized that I packed the books based on size and made piles that mixed the unread in with the read ones and it would take me forever to find one that I have not read. I just gave up and watched stupid shit on television with Chris. Then tonight we went to the grocery store and they had a display with best sellers and I noticed a new James Patterson that just came out last week (see side bar). I bought it. I started reading it tonight. I knew that it was coming out soon, but I have been so out of the loop on everything. I also know that another book came out in the beginning of April that I haven't bought yet either. And I haven't gotten the new Laurie Notaro book either! Damn. I think on Thursday I need to take a trip to the book store and get caught up, at least on purchasing. I never want to not have a book to read.

By the way, Luigi's Real Italian Ice is way yummy.

No comments: