Saturday, May 14, 2005

got a car?

So, the strangest thing happened yesterday. My father called me and said, "I was thinking about buying you a car." Um, WHAT?!?!?! He went on to tell me that someone from his work knew someone that was trying to sell this car that they inherited and he said he was going to see it that night and if it was in good condition he was going to buy it for me. How can you turn that down? Who in their right mind would? He called me again last night after going to see it and he said that he bought the car. He said that it was in really good condition for being a 1993. So long story short, we went this afternoon and the owner signed the title over to me and I have a "new to me" car. Crazy!
Here is my new car...
It's a Mercury Tracer with pimped out red interior. (It's not really pimped out. I just say that because it's red.)




After getting the title transferred, my dad then did a bunch of maintenance work on the car and totally hooked me up so that it would be good for me to be able to drive to work. It won't last forever (it is over 12 years old), but it was well maintained by the previous owner and it will help us out so much. No more carpooling to work for us. This has got to be one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. They bought me a car. I just can't get over it. But I love it and I am so happy that I can go and get all sorts of girlie Hello Kitty stuff and decorate MY car!
Edited to add: Dad ...

No comments: