Tuesday, January 04, 2005

new hours?

So, we have this thing here at work called your Optimal Schedule. You get to submit to scheduling your ideal schedule. If you could work any shift in the world, what shift would you work? So, I guess every once in awhile they review everyone's Optimal Schedule to either declined it, approved it or give you other options (they call it "counter offering"). Well, this has taken place. I had put my Optimal Schedule as 4 - 10 hour shifts, Monday-Thursday. Well, no one got Monday-Thursday or Monday-Friday shifts. They were all declined. But my boss told me that my counter offer is to work 10 hours on Monday & Tuesday and 10 hours on Friday & Saturday. Yikes! I do not want to work Friday AND Saturday. Plus, the hours I might have to work on the Friday & Saturday would be (maybe) 11am to 10pm! YIKES again! So, no. I don't want that counter offer. I counter offered back and I have a good feeling about it. I said that I would want to work 4 - 9 hour shifts and 1 - 4 hour shift. The 9 hour shifts would be Sunday-Wednesday, and the 4 hour shift would be Thursday. That would be great. I really don't mind working Sundays. We are so slow that it doesn't seem like working. So, we are waiting to see if my counter offer has been approved. If it is, it will take effect on the 16th ( but I will only be working 1/2 day that day, because it's Golden Globe day!!).

No comments: