Friday, January 21, 2005

jury duty

So, on Wednesday (another thing to add to the shitness of that day!) I got a summons for Jury Duty. The last time I got one I was a college student, so I got to be exempt. But now I have no excuses. So, not only did I get the summons, but they informed me that I am going to be on call for the entire MONTH of March. What I have to do is every weekend in March, starting with February 26th, I have to call to find out if and/or when I have to appear. So, for one whole month, I am the federal courts bitch. Great. I am not happy about this at all. I had to fill out the questionere where you can put down your reasons for wanting to be excused, but I figured "Cuz I don't wanna do it" wasn't good enough. Why me? Chris said to just tell them that I am racist, but I can't lie about shit like that. I think I am the perfect juror candidate actually. And that's why I'm pissed.

No comments: