Monday, January 10, 2005

movie reviews

I keep forgetting to post my reviews of the weekend movies...

Troy: it was decent. Glad I didn't pay to see it in the theater, though. It was really long. I thought it was really funny that Orlando Blooms' character used a bow and arrow, just like Legolas. Brad Pitt is very nice to look at. But I really liked Eric Bana's character, Hector. He was an honest, just man who protected his family. He is a good actor, too. I would say that if you have 3 hours to kill, this is not a bad way to do it.

Garden State: I actually got Chris to watch it with me. (This is a rare occasion worthy of mentioning.) At first I was not sure what to think about it. I really liked Natalie Portman's character and the music was great. I think I liked it. I was not blown away by it, but it was good in it's own right. SPOILER ALERT: It ended very traditionally, but as I discussed with Mandy, you were not sure if they would end up together or not. In most movies, you know for sure that they will. But it was not clear until the last moment in this movie. So, that was good. It is worth watching.

No comments: