Tuesday, September 12, 2006

TODAY


I know I just posted this the other day, but whatever!

I take my punches as a John Mayer fan. Today we were having a team BBQ and there was this table of girls (meaning all under the age of 23) sitting together. One of them used to sit by me and always pretended to be my friend. I knew she never really was and I really don't care. But today, she yells over at me, "Are you in the John Mayer fan club." Totally out of the blue. I blush and can't really deny it. I say, "why?" She says, "Because I just did." Not thinking, I say "Really?" all excited like. She says, "No, not really." I am a chump. I fell for the joke at the table. You know they were talking about me and making fun of me. Then this other girl says, "Are you the president?" By that time, I knew what was going on and in my mind I was thinking "fuck you" but I said, "No. Believe it or not, there are people worse than me." I was pissed. That's not really cool. It felt like high school. The (young) popular girls making fun of me. Whatever. I never let them see me sweat. (hehe. funny commercial reference.) I am over it. (Don't lie. No you're not.) One good thing is that it brought me down to earth. I get caught up in thinking that people are my friends, all the while I really know they are not. But I still get caught up in it. This just reminds me that 1. I really don't have friends here at work and 2. High school is just like real life.

WHATEVER!!!

Buy Continuum. Buy it on itunes. Buy the cd. Buy the LP!! Two out of three for me. (I don't use itunes. I like to own my music, not rent it.)

edited to add: photo of the LP

3 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

I rent my music. I just bought (rented) the BNL c.d. today.

Sounds like those girls are bitches.

Laura Anne said...

total bitches. i am a flippin grown up and i still let this shit bother me! what the hell!

BrightStar (B*) said...

Well, bitchy people are just annoying no matter what. Of course it would bother you. That kind of thing would bother me Big Time. But you rock, they suck, I love you, and I'm sorry you have to interact with tools like that.