Friday, September 15, 2006

insights on Access Hollywood

On same day album release competition with Justin Timberlake...

John: "I just hope he's kinda going 'You're going down Mayer.' cuz in my mind I'm like 'You're going down Timberlake.' But they're such different records, you know. He's bringing sexy back and I'm bringing sweaty back."


On Jessica Simpson...

John: "It would be odd for me not to recognize that this thing doesn't exist on magazine covers and in the air. The problem is I can't really shine any light on it, because it really has nothing to do with me."
Nancy O'Dell: "But was it so bent, I mean, that you never even dated Jessica?"
John: "Yeah, I mean, I wanna acknowledge there's two separate things happening. There's the home life that I defend as a guy who's just here to play music and you don't see me on red carpets like this and like that [making cheesy hand gestures]."
Nancy O'Dell: "You won't even go to red carpets."
John: "I don't go to red carpets, so..."
Nancy O'Dell: "You feel like it takes away from the music?"
John: "Absolutely."
Nancy O'Dell: "There are the people that would go, now they're more fascinated with you and they may go out and get your album because they're fascinated with your relationship. So that's not bad."
John: "In my mind that's cheating."

No comments: