Tuesday, July 12, 2005

my poor, neglected blog

My sister tells me that I need to post more random things that happen in my pathetic life (she didn't say the pathetic part. that's my contribution.) and that this blog has turned into a John Mayer blog. And to that I say, what better subject? No, seriously. I guess I can post about what's up. I am also making, what they call at my work, a parking lot. It's list of subjects that I need to remember to blog about. It's also a nice little tease for the reader.
Anyhoo. Yesterday was my one year anniversary at my job. But we are celebrating the anniversary today, which - of course - makes perfect sense. We were supposed to have a big party and get off the phones to have a barbecue. But since the stupid hurricane struck, they are paranoid that we are going to get a lot of calls. Needless to say, that has not happened yet. Those poor people haven't even been able to get back to their homes to see the damage. We will be busier at the end of the week and next week. We are still getting the food, but not until later and we aren't getting any time off the phone. We did get gifts though. We got a company logo polo shirt and a blanket. Oooh, every one loves company schwag. The shirt, of course is too small. They are giving everyone the same size. Neat. Who wants a shirt? So, it's my lunch time now and I am posting because I gotta wait another million hours to eat the free food. Chris did make me a lunch, but why should I say no to free food? I'll leave the lunch for tomorrow.
Oooh. That reminds me. Chris should find out today how much his raise is. He was randomly told last week that he was getting a raise for his one year anniversary. (Last year we both quit our crappy ass jobs and got good new ones!) He was not expecting it, because his company only issues raises once a year, like mine. But since he had not been there a year when the normal raise period came around, he didn't get one. So they are giving him a raise now and then he should get another one at the normal raise time (aka January). Totally freaking awesome! I need to email him to see how much it is! And then go shop and spend it all!!!!
And this is random... My shelf is finally up! I have a shelf that we had up in our apartment in Cincinnati that I wanted to put on the wall in the office. I have wanted Chris to put it up forever and a day. There was a big mess with the wall over the weekend and it needed to be patched and repainted. But I am happy to report the shelf was completed yesterday! And I put all the neat boxes from IKEA on it and it looks neato. I also hung up my (hear comes my favorite subject again...) John Mayer albums that I finally got framed. They look neat. I have a few more posters to hang on the wall and we need to get a file cabinet and futon cover and that room will be mostly done. I love progress!

BTW: you would think that blogger's spellchecker would recognize the word blog, but you would be wrong.

No comments: