Tuesday, July 05, 2005

isn't it neat when...

you wake up 15 minutes before you have to walk out the door?
That happened to me this morning. We were up late watching fireworks. At around 9:30 last night, I went outside to see if I could see any from our house. I was able to see the fireworks downtown. They were really small, but I could see them by standing in the middle of the street. Chris came out and joined me watching for a minute and then we went inside and watched a show of fireworks on TV that we had recorded. So we were up late. Earlier in the day, we had gone to Chris's co-workers house for a BBQ. It was an ok time. Nothing too exciting, but fun.
We really just wanted to be at home watching television. That sounds really odd until you know the whole story. Since getting the new TV a few weeks ago, we have been happy with the largeness, but not real happy with the picture quality. We have HD capability on our TV, but did not have the correct cable box to get the few channels available in HD. We wanted to see what our TV could really do, so on Saturday Chris went and got the new cable box and holy cow!!!!!!! It is absolutely amazing. If you have never seen anything broadcast in HD on a 52 inch television, you are missing out. You have not yet lived. I was watching a Yankees baseball game, even though I stongly dislike the Yankees, just so that I could watch the TV in HD. It was freaking amazing.

No comments: