Monday, June 06, 2005

RENT - the movie

I knew that it was in production, but I just read today in PEOPLE magazine that it is going to be release a week (and a day) after my birthday! RENT and me are meant to be. In 2001, we went to see it on my actual birthday. I love it so much and can sing every word. I also found out that the majority of the original Broadway cast is starring in the movie! THAT IS THE BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD IN SUCH A LONG TIME! Can you tell that I am excited about this? I love the original cast. I never saw them perform it, but because I wore out the CD of the show, I feel like I know them and they are the only voices that belong to those characters. I have seen RENT Multiple times on stage and it was always weird hearing different voices singing the parts that I so associate with the original cast. Anyway. I went online and found a blog that was set up for cast members to post on and for updates about the movie. Totally awesome! I am so happy and excited for this! I just can't contain my love for this show. I really do feel like I'm gonna burst! I can't even imagine how insane I will be by the time it comes out. I will have to see it as many times as I can in the theater and of course I will have to own it on DVD. I know I need to stop ranting on about it. But I am so happy. This has made my day, my week, my year!

No comments: