Wednesday, June 29, 2005

"I actually had a good time."

This is what Chris said to me as we were leaving the baseball game last night. My parents have season tickets to the Diamondbacks that they share with my cousin. They always give me & Chris tickets to one game a year and our game was last night. The game started off bad, then got good, then got real bad. I started yesterday with a headache and was not even sure if I wanted to go, but I rested before the game and felt good by the time we left for it. Chris does not like to sit and be bored and he was dreading going to the game, so for him to react like that was surprising as hell to me. I enjoyed myself too. Here are some fun things about the game:
- We had foot long hot dogs from a place at the ballpark called Big Dawgs. They were so yummy. We also drank lots of soda and Chris ate most of the cotton candy that he said he bought for me.
- We had lots of room, because the people who sit next to my parents did not come to the game. So we had 4 seats for 2 people. That's always nice.
- A guy about 2 rows up and across the aisle from us caught a fly ball with his bare hands and then gave it to a little kid sitting behind us.
- There was a guy who was a Giants fan a couple rows up from us and he kept saying, "Nice!" It was cracking me up and then I started saying it too.
- There was kid sitting right behind us with his mother and he saw the cotton candy guy and said, "Cotton candy has the word candy in it." It was like he realized that for the first time. It was so cute and so funny.
- I bought this toy bat that I continually hit Chris with throughout the end of the game.
- We left in the top of the 8th inning and as we were leaving, the Giants scored another run and by the time we got home, they had scored 4 more. Yikes!
All and all, it was fun and I was really glad that my headache had gone away. We really appreciate the tickets, Mom & Dad. Thanks.

No comments: