Sunday, June 05, 2005

not much new here

I have been meaning to take some pictures of my face. What the heck are you talking about, you might ask. Well, in January (I think that was when it was.) I started using Proactiv. And let me just tell you, I need to be on that infomercial. Except for the random breakouts that I get during my period, my face is sooooooooo much better than it used to be. I still has acne, but I do not have major blemishes and redness all the time. I need to take a picture of my face to compare to the pictures that I took before I used it for the first time. I need my BEFORE and AFTER shots.
I will get on that.

Yesterday, my parents came over. My mom hadn't been to the house since the day we moved in and I was so excited to show her all the new stuff. THIS IS NEW. I like showing my house off to people who understand that it's still a work in progress. My mom said that one of my aunts wants to come over and see the house and I really don't want her to. Not that I don't want to see her, but my house truly is a work in progress and I don't need judgments from people who can't see past the ugly ass tile and the ghetto front and back yard and see the potential it holds. Maybe I am being mean about it, but I love our house and I just want others to love it too. And I know some people just can't see potential as well as others. A good example of this would be when we bought our furniture last week. The store where we bought it from was an old building with holes in the interior walls and all different color paint. First of all, they just moved into that location. But the place is for people who can see the potential that the furniture holds in their own home and don't need a fancy display or show room to see the beauty in the product. We were able to look beyond the structure that held the furniture and we got a good deal because of it. We had found a table at another store with a fancy show room and we are so much happier with the one that we ended up buying. That might have nothing to do with the show room, but some people might have been turned off by the store and not given the furniture a chance. Another example of this are those shows that show you the best way to decorate your house to sell it. Like Designed to Sell and Sell This House. I like watching these shows, but think they are crazy. The fact that you have to totally remodel your house to have it sell is crazy. If the potential buyer can't look beyond how you have it decorated to see the house itself, then that's not my problem. Our house was really ghetto inside and we were able to see the potential and went for it. And we got a great house and a great deal. Anyway, I think I have made my point. A little too much, but whatever.

No comments: