Wednesday, June 01, 2005

rambling on...

I keep telling myself that I need to get caught up on my blogging, but I just haven't had the time. Ok, that's a lie. I haven't had the desire to. I could write for hours about the craziness of our trip to St. Louis, but I just don't feel like reliving a lot of it. There are a few things that I do want to mention. While we were there, we went to this famous place called Ted Drewes Frozen Custard. It is so freaking good! You can get it regular or concrete. By concrete they mean that you can hold the cup upside down and it will not fall out of the cup because it is so thick. If you are ever in St. Louis, definitely check it out. There are two locations, and that brings me to a funny story from the trip that I do want to share. We did rent a car, but for most of the trip, we all rode together in my in-laws van. Lovely family togetherness. NOT. Anyway, I had mentioned that my in-laws lived in St. Louis for a long time and so you would think they would know their way around. But you would be wrong. They are the king and queen of getting lost. Once, we got off the freeway going north on a road instead of south. So, instead of just pulling into a parking lot and turning around, they got back on the freeway, went all the way back to the hotel and then went back and got off at the correct exit. How could I make this shit up? So, we went looking for Ted Drewes after we went to the art museum on Friday. My mother in law had gotten some "directions" from someone at the art museum. Long story short, we made one wrong turn and ended up way far away. After driving for miles and miles, they finally pulled into a gas station to get directions. I guess they just asked for how to get to Ted Drewes and then we finally found it. But the funny thing is, we found their other location - not the one that we were originally looking for. We discovered this because the addresses for both places were on the cups we got. We were like a 2 blocks from the first place when we made the wrong turn and ended up way far away by the other one. That was crazy. We all just knew that this had happened and didn't really discuss it while we were driving back to the hotel. Then something creepy happened. We stopped at a light and there was a sign in front of a church that said, "Do you know where you are going?" - GOD. Apparently, we had no clue.

Moving on to other topics... Today, I am taking assist line calls. What does this mean? Well, we have a group of people who are in another call center who take calls that are questions from reps like me. Like procedures and stuff. Apparently, they are understaffed right now for a reason I do not know. So they asked me and one other person at my center to take these calls for about 6 hours today. And the training I had for this was about 2 minutes this morning. Great. So far it's been super easy. I have been on the phone almost 2 hours and have only taken 3 calls. Sweet. This will look good on the resume. I don't believe that they are going to have a group like this at my center any time soon, but it's good for me to be so versatile. Yeah for me.

I also found a picture of the other piece of furniture that we bought the other day.
Here is the picture:


What we bought was the bookshelf-looking unit. The one in the picture is called a "step high," but the one we bought is called a "step low." It's only half of the one in the picture. And it's the same color as the table and chairs. We are going to use it as a sort of room divider and a place for us to drop keys and stuff when we come in the door. We have been looking at things like this for a long time and we just fell in love with this one right along with the table. Hooray for good furniture.

We went to IKEA last night to try to buy a slipcover for the couch that we had bought there and they did not have the color we wanted. Can you believe that? We could not. IKEA has stock to the ceiling and they did not have one black slip cover. We also found a floor lamp that we liked for the living room AND that was out of stock too! The lady said that it is popular and they are getting a new shipment today. I think I'm gonna go back tomorrow and pick up the lamp and see if they got more slipcovers too. But when the lady told Chris that the lamp was popular, he had second thoughts about it. He does not like things that are popular just on principle. I'm gonna buy it anyway.

Oh, and this is something that the husband doesn't know yet. I bought the tickets to the Alanis show yesterday. The seats that I had originally looked at were no longer available, but I still got really good seats. They are in what they call Club Seating. It's the section above the floor, but below the balcony. The place only holds less than 5000 people. The seats I found before were in the middle of the club seating, but 15 rows back. The seats I ended up purchasing were one section to the right of center, but in row 3. They will still be really good. I haven't heard much publicity here about the show, but I did hear something on TV that said this tour was for the acoustic recording release of Jagged Little Pill. It's the 10th anniversary of the album and she recording the whole album again, but acoustic. So that's what the show is gonna be. That is so freaking awesome! And I am thinking that it was like 10 years ago that my sibling unit and I went to an Alanis show for my birthday. Am I remembering that right? Anyway. I am happy and excited and Chris can bite me. He will go. Kicking and screaming.

No comments: