Wednesday, June 29, 2005

ants

We have an ant problem. Over the last few days we have seen a few here and there and Chris has a few bits on his ankles and legs. We talked about needing to get some ant powder and we were going to get it this weekend. Well the ants had other ideas. We came home from the baseball game late last night (more on that later) and discovered a trail of ants that seemed to go on forever. From the box of cookies on the counter, across the counter, in front of the sink, down the cabinet, across the floor in front of the sliding door, over the microwave, across the base board in the dining room, across the entrance to the hallway, and across the base board in the living room. NEAT! Good thing I found a can of RAID in the cabinet. I sprayed everywhere and it has a surprisingly non offensive smell. It killed them all, at least I thought. I went to get ready for bed and then came back into the kitchen only to find more on the counter. BASTARDS. I hadn't sprayed the counter, but Chris had wiped it down and thought we got rid of them. Turns out they were hiding under some dirty dishes in the sink. Punks. I had to load up the dishwasher and rinse the sink really well. I also thought to spray down the trash can too because we had thrown away the food that had been on the counter and there were ants all over the package. That's some smart thinking. I ended up not getting to bed until after midnight and needless to say, I am very tired. Maybe that's why I fell up the stairs? I was trying very hard to keep my eyes open while I was driving too. That's special. Needless to say, I am going after work today to get the ant powder to kill those sons a ...

No comments: