Monday, July 07, 2008

AI concert recap - part 3: everyone else

You mean there were more people performing? Oh, right. The other folks I had to sit thru to see Jason.

Ok... the top 10...

Chikezie - just ok. Very cheesy. No one should try to cover Usher.

Ramiele
- She wore sequined leggings. Yes, that is what I remember. She did sing If I Never See Your Face Again by Maroon 5. That is a good song, but she is not a very good singer.

Michael Johns - he was one of my favorites of the show. Not the actual TV show, but the concert. He came out singing Queen. He sounded awesome. He got the first standing ovation of the show.

Kristy Lee Cook - Whatever. She's weird. I mostly texted thru her whole performance. I just rolled my eyes when she sung God Bless the USA. She had a big flag behind her. Augh.

Carly Smithson - She was great too. She needs more variety in her songs. Too much Heart. But she was really comfortable on stage and I think she will have a nice career.

Brooke White - She came up from the below the floor on the piano playing Let It Be. She was great. She also sung 1234 by Feist. It was really fun. I stood up for the home town girl.

INTERMISSION - during intermission some random guys plated Guitar Hero on stage. They also played a commercial that the Idols made for the new Guitar Hero game. They were dressed in 70's clothes (Jason wore a tight orange tank top and bell bottom jeans). The new game has more instruments than just guitar, so each of the Idols were playing instruments. Guess what Jason played? Yup, the drums. See, he is/was a drummer before Idol. He looked incredible playing the drums. I about died in my seat. His brother was laughing at him the whole time. It was so funny.

next was Jason!! see the last post

Syesha - Whatever. Didn't pay much attention to her. I was still on my Jason high. Plus, I was texting everyone left and right. She can sing, though.

Archuleta - The one thing I will say about this... THE SCREAMS WERE DEAFENING. There were so many people there just to see him. It was so loud. I just sat and texted with my friends and really didn't pay attention to him ever. I just wish I had ear plugs. Not a fan, can you tell?

David Cook - After seeing him perform, I am so glad he won. He deserved it. Funny that my best pictures of the night were of DC. I guess I had calmed down by then. I did call my sister, so that she could listen to DC sing. She said that she cried a little. During all the breaks into between singing, David would look out at the crowd and you could see he was just taking it all in. He is such a great guy.

The whole show was just ok. Yes, I admit it. There were great moments. I am so glad I went, though. It was one of the greatest times I've ever had. And I was by myself. But I really wasn't. I had all my friends texting me and making me laugh. It was like they were with me. Plus, I knew they were at their respective homes hanging on my every text. They were posting online what I was texting to them. I also didn't know that they show was streaming live on line. This one site has people at the shows call in and use their cell phones to hear the show. It is horrible sound, but at least they all got to hear the show. I have been listening to all the shows over the last week, the same way too.

As I said in my last post, I am so happy that I was able to be at the first stop on the tour. It was an experience I will never forget.

No comments: