Monday, July 07, 2008

AI concert recap - part 2: Jason

Let's just put it out there. This is the reason I went in the first place, so why beat around the bush.
Photobucket
Most of my pictures are very blurry. I am really bummed about that. But my sister tells me it is probably because I was too excited. This is true. He only had about 10 minutes on stage and I was freaking out the whole time. I also was trying to get video using my digital camera. The famous sideways, zooming in on the crotch video (see a few posts below). I was trying to stay still to film that whole song. That meant only two other songs to take pictures of. But I was loving every second of it. He started with Somewhere Over the Rainbow on the ukulele. He was singing along and then a stagehand comes out on stage and plugs in the uke. It was plugged in, but not all the way! He just kept singing the whole time. He laughed really hard, but sung at the same time. He looked so nervous, but very happy. He was smiling the whole time. He was wearing RED SHOES! You can see them in that picture. I love his shoes and his style. He is all over the place, but so unique. I guess he could come out in a garbage bag and I would like it, but still... So the second song was Crazy by Gnarls Barkley, but sung in the styling of Ray LaMontagne (google that, bitches). That is the song I recorded. He killed it. Before he sung it, he said, "This is the song that made all my dreams come true." He said that, because it was the song he sung at his auditions for AI. After Crazy was Daydream. He said it was the song that introduced him to the world. He sung it on his first performance on AI. During the song, there was a little musical interlude and he danced around a little. He turned towards my side of the arena and saw his family. He mouthed, "hey!" and smiled huge! It was awesome to see. I could go on and on about him. Y'all know how I feel about him. He can do no wrong in my book. But I will never forget that I was at his first concert ever. That is a memory that he will have forever and I will always be a small part of that, even if he doesn't know I exist (which isn't actually true, because like I said, we are famous!).

No comments: