Thursday, February 07, 2008

while i was sleeping

It's a done deal: Suns get Shaq

The Suns have traded Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks to the Miami Heat for Shaquille O'Neal. I am so upset about this. I probably shouldn't think about it, because it raises my blood pressure. I feel like I had to mention my anger and disgust over this, because as a Suns fan, I have been let down by our new general manager; a man I used to have respect for, Steve Kerr. I know that Shawn wanted to leave before this season started, but to give him away for Shaq? Seriously? Shaq is not a Sun and will never be. He will be a drain on their bank account and hardly ever play. Hell, he's hurt right now and we took him anyway. I do not wish my team ill will, but I hope they see the error of their ways in a big way.
If you put in Shaquille O'Neal in google news, here are some of the headlines:

Could the Suns have gotten a better deal for Marion?
It's Shaq's day in Suns
Shaq just wants to fit in with the Suns
Shaq deal can either bring Suns title or burn them
Miami is free as Shaq's deadweight sails away
Shaq still got it?
Suns hope O'Neal is big piece of puzzle
Suns taking huge risk with Shaq trade
Departing star Marion will be 'sorely missed'
Shaq arrives, and Suns will never be the same
Suns will miss defense of Marion, who gets fresh start
So long, Suns, it's been fun


The media gets it. Why doesn't the Suns front office?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do NOT like Shaq. Never have. And when I first heard this, I was pretty upset (not nearly as upset as I was when they traded Dan Majerle, though - nothing could top that one). But, for now I'm willing to wait and see. If, by some chance, Shaq helps us get a championship, I'm willing to like him.

BrightStar (B*) said...

This is making me think of when Charles Barkley went to the Suns.